This is the recipe of highly beneficial soft roti or phulka.
Roti is an important part of Indian Diet.
This is made of whole wheat and is the source of various vitamins and nutrients such as
B1, B2, B3, B6, and B9;
iron, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium;
soluble fibre – helps lower blood cholesterol levels, prevents constipation and keeps our digestive system out of problem and healthy;
complex carbohydrates – sustained energy and it can keep us satiated for long time.
They are made without any oil and are generally very healthy and
tastes great with all kind of curries and sabjis.
Prep time: 10 Mins
Serves: 1 People
Atta – 1 cup (100 grams)
Cold/Warm Water – As required
Salt – A pinch(Optional)
How to make Soft Roti
- Take atta in a bowl,
- add a pinch of salt and
- add water little by little.
- As you add water, mix with your hands and bring the dough together.
- When dough comes together, start kneading the dough with the knuckles of fingers, applying pressure.
- Divide the dough into equal parts, each weighing around 35 to 37 grams.
- Then roll it between your palms to make it round and smooth.
- Press the round dough ball and flatten it slightly.
- Dip the prepared dough ball into the dry flour and dust it from all sides.
- Start rolling the roti, using a rolling board and rolling pin and make it round.
- Now on a heated tawa put the round roti and wait for sometime until bubbles come. Then cook the other side.
- Now, remove the roti from the tawa using a tong and place it directly on flame with the first side (which was little less cooked) directly on the flame.
- The roti if rolled evenly will puff up, flip with a tong to cook the other side as well. The roti is done when it has brown spots, don’t burn it…….Roti is ready.